My Learning Experience...


Yippie!!! I’m learning how to drive a two wheeler.. I agree its not rocket -science for a person who already knows how to drive a bicycle.. I used to drive bicycle during my school days :P.. (those days were awesome.. racing on tricycles and bicycles..haha)…My sis had a two wheeler n evn I used to drive it at times.. though I was not allowed to take a ride on the main roads. Unfortunately my sis met with a vry small accident.. no major injuries though.. (she fell down wen a street dog tried to crossover and in order to SAVE the dog she turned the bike briskly and lost balance.. and a THUD!!!! She fell down with the bike over her…it sounds funny now :P)but my over protective parents NEVER allowed us to drive bike from thn..  its almost 8 years and now my hubby has a two wheeler… I like driving but somehow tht accident filled in fear in me.. I lost tht confidence… Im happy tht I hav started it again..

I have been asking my sweetheart to guide me in my second innings to master the nuances of driving.. My sis had a scooty n my hubby now has Honda Activa… scooty was very light and easy to balance.. but Activa is very heavy.. For a person of my weight n personality, that shouldn’t bother much but Im unable to balance properly: P

I have slowly started driving in our nearby streets and guess what Im pretty gud at it :) My hubby takes over the pillion and guides me…Sometimes it reminds me of those days wen dad used to play the same role… being over protective… giving me tips… My dad used to tell me “One can be called a good driver only when he/she drives in such a manner that the persons sitting in should never feel the jerks of the road”, though that statement was for four wheeler, Im trying to adapt it to my two-wheeler …
But the problems which Im facing are:
1.       First n foremost, Im unable to comfortably place both my legs on the ground sitting on d bike :( (No no Im not short.. Im 5’ 5”)
2.       Im unable to toggle between the head lights, indicator lights, horn…. :(
3.       Im unable to switch eye contact between the road and the rear mirror :( (Yeah I know poor concentration).
4.       I start feeling tensed when a vehicle comes from front and I start hearing horn from the vehicle behind me… especially during night wen the light flashes right onto my face…

All said n done im very happy that I have overcome my fear… Don’t b surprised if u c me overtaking ur vehicle next time on a NH hahaaha… :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mood swings...

Lucky Mascot!

My love!!!